What would your life be like if you didn't have to spend every working day at an office?
Perhaps you would have a more enjoyable work environment, be able to spend more quality time with your family, reduce or eliminate the time and expense of a daily commute, reduce interruptions and increase productivity, be more flexible with scheduling personal tasks, and enjoy a more relaxing lifestyle.
This is not just a pipe dream. The Internet makes this possible and practical for millions of people, and you could be one of them.
This book is for you if you like your job or your business, but you’d like to use the Internet to give you more convenience, comfort and freedom in where and when you work. It will help you move “out of office”, part-time or full-time, without being out of sight and out of mind.
“For 15 of the past 20 years I have worked from a home office and consider myself highly productive, however nowhere near as productive as I am going to become as I implement the many great ideas in this book as a part of my daily practice.”
– Ian Berry, The Change Master, Author of Changing What’s Normal
In this book, we’ll show you how to:
- Manage your productivity when working by yourself
- Cooperate with clients and colleagues who need access to you
- Stay on top of your e-mail so it doesn’t consume your whole day
- Create a comfortable and productive work environment at home
- Collaborate with others using conference calls, shared documents and other on-line tools
- Tap into expertise around the world through on-line forums, discussion groups and social media
- Build and protect your reputation in the on-line world
- Live a completely mobile lifestyle, where you can work from cafes, libraries and even exotic locations!
This practical book gives you the strategies and tools to create the work style of your choice.
“Out of Office is an easy practical read that really cuts to the chase on quick win solutions. Gihan is always on the cutting edge of making my life easier via the internet – this book is just another wonderful way of him helping me leverage my time better. If you are not going to read this book you aren’t serious about having a better life and business!”
– Ian Hutchinson, Chief Engagement Officer (CEO), LifebyDesign.com.au